1. Philadelphia gets to have theirs in a ballpark which is unfair to those of us who had to suffer through Heinz Field in Pittsburgh instead of seeing one of the best views of the Pittsburgh skyline at PNC Park. But we had to maximize ticket sales for what turned out to be such a fucking riveting game.
2. Biron’s mask is orange and that’s fucking confusing.
3. Bryzgalov is not starting and he is experiencing all kinds of self-esteem issues and no one seems to be offering him tea and cookies.
3a. Bryzgalov is not starting, period.
Jagr is probably going to give you rage fits.
5. Those Flyers jerseys look like some kind of vintage Dutch traffic sign.
6. There is nothing like an outdoor game in January and sure, it should be a way for the league and teams to make extra money on jerseys or whatever the hell else they sell. Oh and extremely inflated ticket prices.
But all of this is at the expense of a national broadcast acting like this is the NHL’s “greatest stage” (we’re looking at you, too, HBO) and that is inexcusable because 2 points in January doesn’t get you shit in the playoffs. And we’re going to be forced to watch abominable NBC playoff broadcasts for the rest of our lives on Earth. And there are going to be inappropriate camera angles. Particularly from the air. Booooooooooo.
POSSIBLE EXCEPTION TO THE BOYCOTT:
BRAYDON COBURN’S INFANT CHILD
go pens ~